4.15.2011

Secret Date Night

Jennifer LOVES spontaneous surprise activities...and she hates them. Often I can tell that she has the itch to do something fun and unexpected. But, at the same time she knows she'll be at risk for not knowing EXACTLY whats going on that night if she wants to be surprised. Sometimes this is hard for her. So its a balance of surprise with moderation.

Monday night we drove off towards San Jose without her knowing where we were going or what we were doing. The only clues that I gave her were that 1) we'd be indoors, 2) it was exactly 29.5 miles from Livermore, and 3) the following text because she was dying for more clues: "Not earth or water."

We arrived in Union city and Jennifer wanted to go to Chilis. Here is a picture of Jennifer and her new hair cut. She is adorable. Unfortunately, the food was only mediocre that night and her parting comment was, "That was the worst $19.36 we've spend in a long time."

Luckily there was Krispy Kreme shop near by to easy our pains.



After that it was onto the secret date location.





I-Fly is an indoor skydiving experience. Its a vertical wind tunnel that controls the flow of air over about a 15-foot diameter tube. We showed up early and watched others fly and tried to practice our moves outside. I should say I tried to practice outside. Jennifer told me to stop waving my hands in the air because people were staring. Don't worry...it paid off in the tube.





The flying only lasted for about two minutes, consisting of two one minute flights. But watching everyone else fly was fun too. When we combo-flew with the instructor, we flew about twenty feet high in the tunnel. Most of the flight was spent at about five feet or so. It turned out to be a great family home evening activity. I told Jennifer she could plan the next surprise date. Hmmmm...I wonder what it'll be???!

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment