11.16.2011

Happy Birthday to My Dad!


Today my dad turns 65. He and my mother live in Turlock California, where I grew up. My favorite thing about my dad is that he has lead the way in setting an example in almost every vital category of what a spiritual, goal-driven life can be.

For his birthday we put together a booklet of stories and memories that people shared of him from his past. We gathered from all of his siblings, and us, his children, and extended family, and old friends. The stories were amazing. Some made me laugh. Some made me cry. All of them made me admire him more.

I strive to live a life similar to his: helping others, preparing for the future, and loving his wife and kids.

Besides his family and his testimony, his prized possession is his backyard fruit orchard. It is home to over 90 different fruit trees; apples, peaches, plums, apricots, cherries, nectarines, pluots, oranges, figs, grapes, and much more. It is an amazing piece of heaven during the summer and a peaceful re-treat in the winter.

I have a great dad.

I love my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment